Billy & Maureen Main from Buckie went on one of Bill Lynn of 'ACMH' holiday of a lifetime

to Pigeon Forge/TN, Fan Fair in Nashville and then on to Branson/Missouri. Here is their story!

Enjoying the beautiful scenery around

We had a good start in Pigeon Forge, were we did a lot walking, which we both enjoy very much. On the first night we went to Dolly Par-ton's Dixie Stampede. The pre-show of Country Music was very good, after which we went upstairs to the big arena for the rest of the show, during our meal we watched wild buffalo, horse racing and more music and dance. Plenty of variety, it was well worth seeing. After the show we took a walk up to the town's Square, which had a Band Stand, in it were mu­ sicians and singers of all ages playing Bluegrass Music. There were also dancers, all locals who liked to entertain visitors and locals alike on a Sunday evening. A most unexpected and good show. The following day we spent at Dollywood, were we visited to all the theatres. Our favourite was Dolly's "Kinfolk". They were her uncles, aunts and cousins who entertained and told the story of Dolly's life and upbringing. It really was very interesting and entertaining. The following day we took the trolly to Gatlen- burg. When we arrived we thought it looked a very "Swiss" looking type of town. We had a wander round first, had our lunch in Shoneys, then plucked up enough courage to take the ski lift up to the top of the hill. The views from the top were wonderful, as was the views both going up and coming down, well worth the effort. When we got back to the Hotel, Bill Lynn 'phoned to ask us if we would like to go to North Carolina with him and his new wife Inna, to visit a friend of his who had just opened a new theatre in a place called "MaggieValley", needless to say we didn't have to be asked twice, we had a lovely time.

The following morning we were up early, as we had a long drive to Nashville ahead of us. Thefollowing day was the start of "Fan Fair". It was very warm the first day 90 deg, to be exact! We settled down to listen to Joe Diffie, the Oakridge Boys & Eric Heatherley to name but a few. Then went to the autograph signing in the Conference Centre and saw Donna Fargo and Marti Stuart, and got plenty photos. Vince Gill, LeAnn Rymes and Terry Clark were three of the stars we saw at night. After the show was finished each night we were treated to fireworks. We enjoyed all the music very much, but we suffered from the heat along the riverside during the day, and our one complaint was there was no shelter from the sun, so we missed a few acts each day because it was just too hot. We had a lovely surprise as Butch & Jean (who write in the Mag. each issue), came and took us out in their car. They took us for a meal at the Longhorn, where they told us the big Country singing stars go to eat and you normally can see one or the other big star. We had been sitting for about 1/2 an hour when Butch spoke to a stranger at the bar, he then brought him over and introduced him as Randy Boudreaux, who wrote the hit song Broken Heartsville for Joe Nicolls. We had our photo taken with him and he spoke to us until our meal arrived. After that they took us to see places like Garth Brooks house, but the gates were shut. Then they took us to the house where Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan once lived together and where Keith sadly died.

We visited their house and house boat and had a lovely time with them there. We also saw the new additions to the family. Pinky had just had 7 puppies real beauties. They also showed us their recording studios of the little town of "Shuteye" where a lot of strange things happen. Later they took us back to our Hotel. Once again Butch & Jean many thanks for a wonderful afternoon and evening in your company, when you come to Scotland again we would like to return the hospitality.


The next day Bill and Inna took us on the long journey to Branson, in fact it took us 8 1/2 hours before we booked into the Howard Johnston Hotel - tired, but happy. Bill and Inna went on to their own house at the other side of town. The following day Bill arrived to drive us round Branson and district, Table Rock Dam and Lake Tanneycomo, which was very interesting. He also showed us the big and graceful Chateau on the hillside, overlooking the Lake (a bit too ex­pensive for us I would think.). That evening we went to see the Duttons, who bought Boxcar Willie's theatre. What a great show, very talented family, they were even selling home made tablet at half time. After the show was finished Bill came and collected us, and we made for Charlie's for a few 'refreshments'. Unfortunately we never met Charlie himself, as he

was expecting to have an operation at any time. That was one of many times over the next few days that we went into the restaurant/bar, and we had a few lovely meals there too. Billy also liked going there so that he could listen to Rebecca Dawn's singing.

Next day Bill took us to the local cemetery where we looked for and found Boxcar's last resting place in Branson. The headstone was etched with a train, it was beautifully done.

When he came to Scotland first of all, I drove him round the Highlands. At last I managed to pay my last respects to a perfect gentleman and friend.

We also saw the Roy Rogers theatre with Trigger in the forecourt.

Other shows we saw were Legends in Concert, the Paul Harris Show, Jim Owen Show, the Presleys and the Baldknobbers Show and one or two others.

On the day before we left for home we decided to take a long helicopter ride, and we went over Branson and beyond. It was wonderful and the photos were so clear and as it had been my first trip in a helicopter it was an exciting way to end our holiday.